
Author: Carol Lynn Pearson
Illustrated by: Kathleen Peterson
Genre: Fiction, Picture Book
Publisher: Gibbs Smith Publisher
Copyright Date: 1999
Pages of Book: 30
Reading Level: Ages 14 & up
Summary:
This book is a lovely tale of a man and a woman and their relationship with each other. It starts out when they are both seventeen years old. Pearson then takes you on a journey through their life--the good times, the bad; challenges they face, joys they experience. Each time they encounter a new "phase" or "stage" of their lives, they get through it and remember what love is. Each time they discover more meaning to love, and they grow from it. The illustrations in this book are simple, which I enjoyed because I think it adds to the feel of the book. The colors are very warm, which contributes to the feeling of love as you read the story.
Reaction:
When I first read this book, I absolutely loved it. The message was so sweet, and the pictures were simple yet they added to that simple and beautiful feeling of being in love. I love how Pearson took you through different stages or events within a couple's life together, and showed how they overcame it or handled each situation. This fable is a good example of an everlasting relationship.
Recommendations:
I would recommend this fable to anyone who has ever felt loved by someone or who has felt love for someone. It's truly a beautiful representation of the love that we feel for one another in this life.
Potential Problems/Conflicts:
Some people may not like this book because it only goes through certain experiences. Maybe someone would be offended by the event or experience Pearson chose, or how she displays it. For the most part though, I think she uses a good variety of experiences to display how two people can learn to increase their love towards one another.
No comments :
Post a Comment