Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving!

This year it was my second Thanksgiving away from home. Last year, my roommate, Nicole, invited me to come home with her and her family. It was so fun, and they treated me like a part of their family! This year, I was the only one of my roommates who stayed in Rexburg. I was a little bummed that I wasn't going anywhere for the holidays, but also a little glad that I would have some "me" time and just be able to relax for a few days.

So far the break has been great! On Wednesday and Thursday, I didn't do any homework. I just had fun. I crafted, slept in, watched a movie or two, and spent those whole two days with my EBF Kimber, Annie, and Kylee (they all live across the hall from me). It was so much fun. We got to have some much needed girl time! Here are a few pics of the things I made: crocheted headbands!

 Yay for my new blue headband with red flower, and my brown headband with a blue flower! These are the two completely finished products.
 Kimber made that adorable red headband! And on my brown one, I have that gold button on it, so if I want to I can take of those flowers and put on new ones. As I make more new ones...in different colors...Genius idea, right? Annie suggested it!

I also made a scarf, but I didn't love how it turned out so I'm probably going to take it apart and make something else.

On THURSDAY, we had a fabulous Thanksgiving meal. Funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, honey ham, and ROLLS that I made. Check these bad boys OUT! They're huge. (This was the first time I'd ever made them by myself...) Oh yeah and we also had a delicious chocolate pie. Yummm. And a lemon limeade drink thing. So tasty.


Also, Kimber, Annie and I wanted more yarn to make things with, so we walked to Walmart. WALKED there, from our apartment. That's a pretty long walk. On our way there we also stopped at K-Mart...and found some fun things there. Like Christmas Socks! ;) And more. It was an adventure. And on our way home from Walmart, a nice guy gave us a ride home and then, to thank him, we took a piece of pie to him and invited him to watch the Lord of the Rings with us. It was a pretty eventful day.

OK so some things I'm super grateful for:

-Family.
-Friends.
-the Gospel.
-Scriptures and prayer.
-The Temple.
-Friends who will give me rides TO the temple so I don't have to walk there super early in the morning
-My CLASSES! Yeah, I may be stressed with schoolwork a lot, but I love my classes.
-THANKSGIVING BREAK! 
-Crafts.
-My talents, especially guitar/piano/voice. And my ability/desire to create things.
-Crafting.crafting.crafting.LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.
-The HOT PINK PANTS that will soon be in my possession...also soon-to-be-called my Birthday pants. I'm going to wear them on my birthday FOR my birthday, and also for Kara and Jared's wedding anniversary. Oh it's going to be wonderful, I'm so excited.
-Technology.
-Nice people.
-The Library, and the library having books available that I need to read for my class.
-ONLY LESS THAN A MONTH TILL I GET TO SEE MY FAMILY!!! :):):):) Yay. THAT is happy.

Well everyone, I hope you have enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday!
LET the CHRISTMAS SEASON BEGIN!

2 comments :

Kimber Pogue said...

Love this :) Twas fabulous!!!

Kara said...

Okay... I just have a few things to add to your list... Kara, secrets with Kara ;), laughing with Kara, spending time with Kara, Kara..... Jared.... :) Love you!