So. I'm going to attempt to fully and completely express my feelings these past couple weeks.
This semester, I'm going to be on Council again. I'm the Pathway Coordinator for Student Ambassadors (part of Student Support, a volunteer organization on campus). There are a few other parts of Student Ambassadors, but let me tell you a little bit about the Pathway program and what I'll be doing with them. The Pathway program allows people to take classes online through BYU-Idaho to get their degree, and they also have an international side of the program, working with students in parts of Africa and Mexico. As Student Ambassadors, we will be contacting those students in the U.S., Africa, and Mexico, and helping them prepare/feel comfortable with the beginning of the semester. My responsibility, under the Ambassador's Director, is to facilitate that; to plan trainings, organize things, etc.
Tender Mercy about Council: I wasn't originally planning to interview to be on Council, but I felt impressed to do so, so I did. Last semester I actually was a volunteer for the Pathway International program, so I knew a little about how it worked. I was so excited when Cassidy, my Director, asked me to be the Pathway Coordinator! Heavenly Father knew what He was doing. Pathway is completely new to Ambassadors, and I'm grateful that I know a little about how the program works. Also, I have the wonderful blessing to work and get to know SO many incredible people. I'm so thrilled to be a part of Council this semester!
Once during a planning meeting with Carl and Craig (two people on my council), Carl mentioned auditions for this choir, "From the Heart" (he's on the presidency for it). It sounded awesome, and I wanted to audition! I asked about the time commitment and a bit more info. about it, and then decided to pray. After thinking about it a lot, talking to my roommate, and whatever else, I decided that I wasn't going to audition for the choir (but I also asked Him to correct me if I made the wrong choice). Maybe I would another semester, but not this one. So the next day, before Council retreat, Carl gave me a flyer about audition times and promised me that if I was in the choir, it would be one of those things I'd look back on and be really glad that I did it. At this point, I'm torn. I can't decide if I should audition or not. Next day, Emmilie told me I should audition for the choir (she's also on the presidency). By this point I'm thinking, "Alright Heavenly Father, I get it. I'll audition." So I decided to audition the next day, Sunday.
Monday=callbacks. I made the callback list.
Tuesday=I got an email saying I was in the choir. I screamed!
Tender Mercy about 'From the Heart': So far I haven't seen every reason why Heavenly Father wants me to be in the choir, but already I'm so grateful for this opportunity. And, just like when I ended up being on council last year, I really feel like He has led me here. I know He has a plan for me, and that whatever happens, He will lead me through it all.
Tender Mercy of my LIFE: Heavenly Father is in control. He knows what I need, He knows what will help me grow, He knows what will make me happy. And I am SO happy. Looking back on past and current experiences, I have seen Him leading and guiding me every step of the way. I have been blessed to meet and come in contact with so many of His angels. Looking ahead to the future, I can only imagine how much more happy I will be. Trials will come, yes. But I have hope and faith in the Lord that He will be there for me through it all.
"I Am The Way"
(Painting by Simon Dewey)
Monday=callbacks. I made the callback list.
Tuesday=I got an email saying I was in the choir. I screamed!
Tender Mercy about 'From the Heart': So far I haven't seen every reason why Heavenly Father wants me to be in the choir, but already I'm so grateful for this opportunity. And, just like when I ended up being on council last year, I really feel like He has led me here. I know He has a plan for me, and that whatever happens, He will lead me through it all.
Tender Mercy of my LIFE: Heavenly Father is in control. He knows what I need, He knows what will help me grow, He knows what will make me happy. And I am SO happy. Looking back on past and current experiences, I have seen Him leading and guiding me every step of the way. I have been blessed to meet and come in contact with so many of His angels. Looking ahead to the future, I can only imagine how much more happy I will be. Trials will come, yes. But I have hope and faith in the Lord that He will be there for me through it all.
"I Am The Way"
(Painting by Simon Dewey)

No comments :
Post a Comment