You've had a pretty rough day today (actually make that a really rough week). There are lots of little changes we think are throwing you off, like switching you to milk instead of formula, dad's ever-changing schedule, etc. Pretty much every day this week you've screamed and cried for half an hour when we got home. You've been screaming and crying randomly throughout the day today. The only time I've been able to get you to take a nap was earlier when I bounced you (on our exercise ball) like I used to do when you were younger. When I change your diaper you scream and roll over because of your rash. It's been a rough day.
Rough days for you mean rough days for me. It's exhausting and a little heartbreaking to have a screaming baby and not be able to do anything to help. Bouncing you makes my already sore back hurt worse. Changing your diaper is a challenge because you're squirmy and really strong; it makes it hard for me to help you. It's been raining almost nonstop all day today, which just makes me feel even more gloomy.
After a long week and an even longer day, my pregnant, emotional self finally broke down and I just started crying. You came over to me and started giving me snuggles, rubbing your head all over me, giving me kisses, and trying to play. You were smiling and laughing (probably AT me, but I like to think you were just trying to make me feel better and happier). This isn't the first time you did this either, it happened a couple weeks ago too.
Boy, you're very sensitive to my emotions and I really appreciate it. Even if you are laughing at me because I'm crying, it does make me feel better. And I tell you what, if you continue to be sensitive to my emotions and the emotions of others as you get older (specifically your future wife), you'll probably make a dang good husband someday ;)
I love you to the moon and back!
-Momma
Rough days for you mean rough days for me. It's exhausting and a little heartbreaking to have a screaming baby and not be able to do anything to help. Bouncing you makes my already sore back hurt worse. Changing your diaper is a challenge because you're squirmy and really strong; it makes it hard for me to help you. It's been raining almost nonstop all day today, which just makes me feel even more gloomy.
After a long week and an even longer day, my pregnant, emotional self finally broke down and I just started crying. You came over to me and started giving me snuggles, rubbing your head all over me, giving me kisses, and trying to play. You were smiling and laughing (probably AT me, but I like to think you were just trying to make me feel better and happier). This isn't the first time you did this either, it happened a couple weeks ago too.
Boy, you're very sensitive to my emotions and I really appreciate it. Even if you are laughing at me because I'm crying, it does make me feel better. And I tell you what, if you continue to be sensitive to my emotions and the emotions of others as you get older (specifically your future wife), you'll probably make a dang good husband someday ;)
I love you to the moon and back!
-Momma
No comments :
Post a Comment