Friday, June 10, 2011


I stole this quote from Carrie's blog (she was one of my roommates my first two semesters!). Thanks, Carrie! I think this is such a good reminder for us to have. Especially me, right now. Right now I feel like there are a lot of things in my life that are kind of up in the air, and I really have no idea what's going to happen. This can be stressful for me. Very stressful. I like to plan ahead and know what I'm going to be doing and feel safe/comfortable in my plan. Right now, there are certain things that I cannot plan, and for a while I was letting that really stress me out. From a few different sources I've been told not to worry about things, and just take life as an adventure and go forward into the unknown to see what's going to happen. That's really hard for me to accept and try to do, but I'm trying to do it.

I'm so grateful to know that He has a plan, and I need to Trust in Him. He wants me to be happy, and I know that. I'm so grateful for the scriptures, and for the comfort and knowledge they give to me. For example, I've started reading the Book of Mormon again and in the first few chapters, Nephi REALLY has to put his trust and exercise faith in the Lord. He went forth, being led by the Spirit, "not knowing what (he) should do." That's how I'm striving to be. I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't need to. If I have faith and do everything that I need to be doing, everything will work out just fine, and I have nothing to worry about :)

1 comment :

Carrie said...

Glad you liked the quote! I thought it was great!