My friends, I have a lot to be thankful for today!
Here's the main story I'm going to share. It's an answer to a prayer and a HUGE Tender Mercy...
....I HAVE A JOB! Yeahhhh baby :) For Spring Semester.
...Not only do I have a job, but I'm also going to be able to take classes. It's like I'm on FastGrad but unofficially and only for one semester. It's great!
So here's the story:
*Once upon a time there was a girl who was looking for jobs for Spring semester. She wasn't going to be in school, but for a long time she felt like she needed to stay in Rexburg and she REALLY wanted to. She could still stay if she didn't have a job, but it wouldn't really make sense if she wasn't doing much and wasn't making any money. So she was looking for jobs.
*One day, she got an email about a job as an Office Assistant in the Student Support program on campus, the program in which she had volunteered in pretty much since she started school! She really wanted to do it, and asked the main boss (Brother Jones) about the job. Turns out you have to be considered a full-time student to get the job, so she figured she couldn't do it. She could try to take 12 credits, but they would have to be night/online classes and she was far enough in her major that she was done with those classes. Bummer, she couldn't get that job. So she kept looking for jobs.
*And she kept looking for jobs some more.
*And no jobs were really coming or working out.
*So she felt a little worried because Spring semester was almost there, but at the same time she knew that if Heavenly Father wanted her to be in Rexburg, He would provide a way. Somehow.
*So then another day, a couple weeks after she talked to the main boss, she received a voice mail from Nathan, one of the other Office Assistants. He said he knew I had expressed interest in the job before and wondered if I had figured out classes, and told her to come in and talk to him about it sometime. SHE HAD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! She didn't even turn in any sort of application but her was calling her about a job. If she could somehow get 12 credits, she was pretty sure she could get the job.
*So she goes to the office and talks to her friend, Rick Roper, who said, "Hey, call this number, give them your I-Number, and they'll let you take classes in the Spring!"
*So she did.
*And then they let her take classes!
*So then she went and talked to Nathan, Brother Jones, and Sister Clinger (another boss lady). They asked her a few questions about scheduling, if she'd had any experience before, and if I would be interested in a certain position. She answered their questions and then Brother Jones said, "Well...basically you have a job." And then Nathan said with a laugh, "I was almost waiting for you to say, 'Well we'll let you know by Wednesday'". Then they all laughed. And she had a job!
*Then when she went to go look at what classes she wanted to take, she could already register for them!
*And she's about to live happily ever during Spring Semester!
Just in case you were wondering, the "she" in the story is me. Yep.
Friends, let me just tell you that God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows where we need to be and when we need to be there. Through this experience (the story I shared), I received an added testimony that when we put our faith and trust in the Lord, He takes care of us. ALWAYS.
I'm really looking forward to this upcoming semester! I'm ready for the challenges, the trials, the crazy fun times, all of it. Bring it on! :)
1 comment :
Congratulations on you for the job and for recognizing the Source of your good fortune :)
Spring Semester is going to be a BLAST!!!!!!
Post a Comment