Here's the deal. I don't have a good attitude right now. I'm stressed and upset about I don't even know what. So I'm going to list all the things I'm grateful for and look for EVERY single "good" in my life so I can get rid of this gross mood.
-Job! (see previous post)
-From the Heart Choir. I love the words we sing. I love testifying of Christ and feeling the Spirit and sharing that Spirit with others.
-My family. Even though they're far away and I don't always get to talk to them very often, they are there for me no matter what. And they ALWAYS will be. And they ALWAYS care about me and what's going on in my life.
-Piano. I think I'm just going to go to the Snow and pound out some tunes tomorrow.
-Running. It's fantastic! It takes so much energy yet I feel so energized afterwards. It also relieves stress. Yet another thing I will be doing tomorrow.
-Music in general. I like it.
-STUDENT SUPPORT! I love volunteering. I love being a part of Student Ambassadors. Today at council, Abish, Whitney, and I threw paper balls at people. Just for fun. And it WAS fun :)
-Professors that are awesome. I have one particular professor who is just the greatest. This professor supported me when I was in the class, and still supports me today. This professor came to one of our From the Heart firesides and it completely made the difference for me, because I was already having a rough night. You better believe I'm taking every possible class I can from this professor.
-Skype. Tomorrow I get to have a skype date with the lovely Kara Banks Fielding! Love her.
-Tissues. Seriously...with this cold, I would die without tissues.
-Cleaning supplies. Enough said.
-Sleep. I took a short nap today...and it was really nice.
-Sweats. They're so comfortable.
-The temple. I went on Wednesday morning with my ward, and it was lovely. There is so much peace in the temple. I just want to be in the temple every day of my life.
-People who smile.
-Showers...warm showers.
-This wonderful school I now attend. It's the best. I honestly cannot imagine what my life would be like if I had not come here. I would be a completely different person. Having the experiences that I have had, and participating in various activities on campus has really changed my life. I am forever grateful for this experience.
-A Father in Heaven who hears and loves me no matter what. A brother, Savior, and Redeemer who suffered every pain in this world so that I don't have to. A Spirit who can constantly be with me if I allow it. Wow.
Okay I'm in a better mood now. Yes, it worked! Looks like I need to better Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude.
Count Your Blessings
"So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged;
God is over all.
Count your many blessings;
angels will attend,
help and comfort give you to your journey's end."
1 comment :
Just read this. I love you too!
Post a Comment