Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Women of God

“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.”
-Margaret D. Nadauld (The Joy of Womanhood, 2000)

I like that quote. It makes for good questions to ask yourself. For me, am I tender, kind, refined, faithful, good, virtuous, and pure? Those are all qualities I want to work on and be better at, in order to be a Woman of God.

It's not about the world, or what the world thinks, or what the world thinks you should be like. It's about what Heavenly Father knows you can become.

What's really special is that right now, I can see at least a portion of the ways Heavenly Father is preparing me to be a stronger Woman of God. He's testing me so that I can strengthen some of those qualities listed above. Experiences that I have had and are having help me to develop those attributes. I'm so grateful for His love for me, that He would give me these experiences so I can come closer to my Savior and become more like him.

No comments :