Friday, August 3, 2012

A Couple Big Announcements

Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in MONTHS. It was a busy semester, ok? In fact, it was the busiest semester I've ever had. But I pulled decent grades! All A's and B's. 

And I'm about to get a lot busier. Because GUESS WHAT?!?! 

I'm engaged.

And next semester I'm going to be planning a wedding. Taking a full load of classes. Being in the Presidency for From the Heart. Getting married. And probably other things to add to that list.

But I'm so excited. So, world, meet Michael Watkins.


It's a little hard for me to type right now, so you're going to get a shortened version of the story but we met at the beginning of Spring semester, and I actually don't remember the very first time we met. Oops. He gives me a hard time about that one. But in my defense, he was too scared to ask me out at first so of course I didn't remember him? Anyway...then a month or so after that, his roommate, Isaac, (who was in From the Heart as well, so Michael had a pretty good connection there.ha.ha) invited me over to their apartment to play games before our rehearsal. So I go over there, some girls left, and there were four of us left playing the game. Michael and I were on the same team ;) It was so much fun! After that, Michael was still too scared to ask me out (apparently I'm a really scary person. Even after we started dating...I was still scary!). Then, one Sunday after a fireside, I went over and talked to Michael and Isaac. Isaac left and went somewhere else, but Michael and I kept talking and we had a really good conversation! Later that week, he asked me on a date for that weekend. We went out to lunch and then to the zoo in Idaho Falls, and it was a blast! It was so easy talking to each other and we both just had a really great time. Well...the rest is history. The next day, he held my hand. Then on Tuesday we went on another date and were together until he had to leave to be home by curfew. Then we saw each other Wednesday, Thursday, and then on Friday I left for the weekend for our choir's tour. He missed me. But...I missed him too. I'm pretty sure we've seen each other every day since! He proposed on July 28th (not at Yellowstone...that was just to fake me out and make me think he was going to!), and we're getting married on November 24th in the Rexburg Temple. I'm so excited :)


So...now to the story of why it's just a little bit hard for me to type... well this last Tuesday, I was in a car accident. It was a nasty one. The driver's tire blew out so she lost control of the car. We drove off the road and rolled several times. Do I remember rolling, you ask? nope, I sure do not. I'm pretty sure I blacked out. I finally came to and some people were helping us out, making sure we were alright. At first I couldn't see, but after a few minutes my vision came back. The police and ambulance finally came, and the medics put a neck brace on me and lifted me out of the car and onto the stretcher. I was taken to the hospital via ambulance, and the driver was taken in a helicopter. The guy who took care of me during the ambulance ride was super nice. I liked him more than any of the people who half helped me at the hospital. So I get to the hospital and lay there, alone and in pain. Some people come in here and there, and finally I'm taken to get a CTscan and some x-rays. Then I'm taken back to my room, and there were flowers from Michael's work! So sweet of them to have the flowers delivered to me. A while later, I find out I have a fractured collar bone. Then sometime after that, Michael came (by this time I've been in the hospital for a good few hours) and I looked just about the same as I did when they took me out of the car. All they had done to clean me up was wipe off my wounds. That's it. Michael was the one who got most all of the dirt off of me. Not the nurses. Crazy? I think so. Then another doctor came in to check me over and my wrist hurt a little more than it should have, so he had it x-rayed. It's fractured too. So then he came back and put a cast on it and it KILLED! I thought  my arm was going to fall off. Finally I was ready to go, so I stood up off of the hospital bed and dirt started pouring out of my shoe. Haha! That's how good of a job they did with cleaning me up. I left in the same clothes I came in, and Michael had to brush the dirt off of me and clean out my hair.

Let me tell you, it has been a craaaazy week. Get engaged, then get in a car accident. YAY!

However crazy, throughout these experiences I have seen a LOT of tender mercies. Those will be saved for another post, since this one is already a million years long. But truly, and especially in these two experiences, I have seen how Heavenly Father's hand is in my life. He's watching over all of us and I know, without a doubt, that He loves us. 

1 comment :

Kara said...

1. Can't wait to meet Michael... Let's Skype so I can drill him.
2. So glad you are alive and on the mend. I would have cried hard.... let's not talk about that anymore...
you're getting married and I want to do WHATEVER I can to help you plan.... I am home and have time to search for things... I can send you links and save you time! :) I love you!!!