Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Exactly One Month Down, Less Than Three to Go!

One month ago from today, my Michael proposed to me :) Oh that was a good day.

Here's the story:

The plan was to go to Yellowstone that weekend, before I went home for a week and a half to visit my family. When I went home, he would have "time to go shopping" for a ring and then I figured he would propose to me sometime after I got back. Well...I was wrong :) The Thursday before he proposed, we went and looked at some rings before we had to go to work. I had to work a couple hours before him, and when he dropped me off he jokingly said, "Hey, maybe I'll just go get your ring today!!!" Then we both laughed it off, went to work, and later he told me that during that time he talked to both of his parents, got a car wash, and something else. I suspected nothing...but he TOTALLY bought my ring that day.

So the whole time we were at Yellowstone, he had my ring stashed underneath his seat in his car. 

Yellowstone is the perfect place for a proposal, right?! Right. But that's NOT where he proposed, that little trickster. He later told me that a few times he thought to himself, "You know, I could totally just propose to her right now....nah I'm going to wait and give her every reason to THINK I would right now!" Rude, huh. Just kidding :)

When we got back to Rexburg, it was just before sunset and he said we should go watch the sunset together. We were going to go to the top of the stadium (because that's where we were first met) but there was some event so we couldn't. He wanted to propose at the stadium and say some witty remark about how since I didn't remember the last time we were there, he wanted to give me something to remember that place by. Haha. Oh, Michael...

Anyway the stadium was a no-go, so we went up to the Temple, where we're going to get married. It's also at the top of the hill, which is perfect for sunset-watching. And it's also super cliche, which I'm ok with :) So we're sitting up there talking, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. He was acting SO GOOFY and I could tell there was something on his mind because he kept asking me what I was thinking and I'm like, "You weirdo I'm thinking 'what are YOU thinking because you keep asking me!'" He told me he would tell me later. So we keep talking, then I asked if I could tell him a secret. But I was embarrassed about it, so I didn't want to tell him. He begged and begged and BEGGED me to tell him. My argument? "Why should I tell you when you won't tell me! I asked you first." I make sense, right? Well he kept begging and then promised that he would tell me first every other time. So I told him my secret...I already had my wedding dress, because someone was selling it for a good price and I figured I knew I was going to marry him, and if I wanted a different dress I could just sell it for the same price I bought it for. I told him I was embarrassed because I had my dress before I was even engaged... Then I asked what HE was going to tell ME (what's funny is that at Yellowstone and at the Temple, I thought to myself a few times "oh this would be a good time to propose.."). He started freaking out and bent his head over my lap a few times and I was like, "Hey you crazy tell me!" He said, "Well...I have a similar story...remember when I said 'Maybe I'll go get your ring today!"? Well, I did. And I think I can help take care of your problem of having your dress before being engaged..." then he proceded to not get down on one knee because I was sitting on his lap and ask me to marry him. I obviously said YES :)




There you go! Finally documented the proposal, a month later. Woops. But hey, at least it's documented.

PS. 87 days and 13 hours until we will be SEALED for time and eternity :)

2 comments :

racheebabe said...

It is really amazing to read such a sweet perspective on little Michael. My little tag along cousin is all growed up, in love with a girl, and a girl in love with him. Congratulations!

Sheila said...

I love your story and you!
Idaho Mom