Exactly one month ago, I got in that nasty
car accident. This past month has probably been the hardest month I have ever
had to go through in my entire life. I'll be serious with you right now...a lot
of it has sucked. I've been in pain every single day, it has been crazy trying
to figure out insurance stuff, I have a huge, nasty scar on my shoulder, and
many other things.
But today, instead of being grumpy and
upset about these recent, unhappy experiences (since I have definitely been
plenty grumpy the past month...), I want to be grateful. Even in the emergency
room, at this time a month ago, I saw many Tender Mercies from the Lord.
Actually...the fact that I'm here, typing
this post right now, with as little injuries as I have is a Tender Mercy.
The fact that I'm ALIVE is a Tender Mercy.
Here are a few other Tender Mercies I have
seen in my life the past month
-I am engaged to the most wonderful man alive (sorry, girls. I know you think
you have the best boyfriend/fiance/husband ever but you're wrong...I
do). He takes care of me, and he WANTS to. He wants me to be happy and as
comfortable as I can be, and he'll do/sacrifice anything to help me achieve
that. I love him so much.
-At Michael's work, month end is CRAZY.
Usually people work extended hours and they have tons of people working because
of how busy they get. Well, my accident was on month-end and he was going to
have to work. He wanted to be with me in the hospital, so he called his boss.
Thankfully, they let him miss the busiest day of the month so he could be with
me. At this point, he was on his way and I was getting some x-rays. When I got
back to my room in the hospital, there were flowers that had been delivered for
me from Melaleuca (Michael's work). They not only let Michael miss work, but
they sent me flowers! How thoughtful and kind of them. I'm pretty sure Michael
wanted to cry when he saw that they sent me flowers too. Granted, he was
feeling a lot of different emotions that day...it may have had to do with the
fact that I almost died...oops.
Anyway, Michael got to be with me and
totally SAVED my life in the hospital. He took better care of me than the
nurses did...
-When I was in the hospital, I called my
mom multiple times. After Michael was already with me, she called me again and
let me know that one of her friends was going to drive to Idaho the next day,
and she could possibly get a ride with her so she could come see me. I cannot
tell you how overcome I was that I might be able to see my mom. Even knowing
she MIGHT be able to come brought me to tears. Turns out she WAS able to come,
and that was great. I was so happy to see her, she finally got to meet Michael
in person, she took our engagement pictures, and we just had fun! I'm so glad
she could come. SO GLAD!
-Not a Tender Mercy but a funny story...in
the hospital, when I was talking to my family, my dad made a joke. He told me
that if I really couldn't be away from my fiance for that long (I got engaged
three days prior to my accident), I could have done something a little less extreme.
haha. Funny, Dad...
-I missed my flight. They called when we
were at the hospital saying my flight had been delayed and I would miss my
connecting flight to Indiana. Well, Michael was able to tell them I actually
wasn't going to make my flight, so they just gave me credit for the tickets.
Nice, huh?
-After we got back to Rexburg, I was able
to say with Michael's Aunt and their family. They were all so kind to me and
welcomed me in their home. I can't tell you how much of a blessing that was! I
would have been alone and uncomfortable at my apartment. Instead, I was
welcomed as part of a family. Granted, I'll be really related to them in less
than three months...but still. I loved staying with them and am so grateful for
their love, support, and care.
-Unrelated to my accident, I was able to
meet the rest of Michael's immediate family. That was so fun! They're pretty
crazy sometimes but...aren't we all? Besides. They haven't met MY family. THEY
are crazy...but anyway it was so nice to be with them for a few days. :)
-The surgery on my collar bone went well,
and I am on the way to recovery! What's crazy is that the fracture was not
exactly what they were expecting. Later, the doctor told me that he's never
seen a fracture like mine before. Luckily, when they cut me open and found
something they weren't expecting, they were able to take care of it! So
grateful for people who are good at their jobs...
Over the last month, I have been plenty
grumpy and upset about what has happened to me. Many times I just felt down on
myself because I couldn't do very many things on my own. I'll be honest, a lot
of times I kind of felt like I a serious failure. But I have come to my senses!
I know I can rely on my Heavenly Father. I have friends and family who love and
support me. And even when things aren't looking very bright, there are always
blessings and Tender Mercies that you can find every day.
No comments :
Post a Comment