Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Karate Kid

Today was my glucose test and I passed! I was SO happy to find out I did not have gestational diabetes. If I did...I think I would have cried. I love me some carbs.

Here's a picture of my "Oral Glucose Tolerance Beverage"...conquered!
(In my experience, it tasted like flat Fanta with extra sugar. Not as bad as I was expecting)


Anyway everything else with my checkup went well. They measured my tummy, took my weight, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, etc. and everything looked "perfect"! That's always good to hear, right?

They also gave me a chart to keep track of baby's movements. Now, what I'm supposed to do every day is lay down on my left side and count how many times I can feel him move/kick. I just have to get 10 kicks within an hour and mark "Yes" for that day. Or if I mark "No"...then it's something to check with the doctors on. When they told me this, and mentioned how important it is for baby to be moving around a lot I said, "Ohh, he kicks a lot, that's for sure."

Seriously. A lot. 

A few hours later I was laying in bed, not even laying down specifically to count how many times he kicked...and I'm pretty sure it was at LEAST 20 times in half an hour or less. And all throughout the day...man. He kicks me at least 20 times in less than half an hour ALL THE TIME. I don't even have to be laying down. Sitting, standing, whatever. He kicks.

I'm telling you. I'm training the next Karate Kid.


No comments :