A year ago today, Michael and I had our first date. CRAZY.
So anyway, last year Michael asked me to go to the Idaho Falls zoo with him, because his work was having a "zoo day" and all the employees could get tickets for free. So he picked me up, and we drove down to IF. First we went to Famous Dave's for lunch. Yum! Then we went to the zoo. It was a lot of fun! That zoo is TINY, but we both really enjoyed it. It was nice because we were able to just talk the whole time, and really start to get to know each other. It felt so natural talking with him, which was a good sign for me! For some reason, whenever I would go on dates with people I usually had a really hard time carrying a casual conversation with the guy I was on a date with. I just didn't know what to say. So the fact that Michael and I could straight up talk for hours without it feeling awkward...yeah, a definite plus and sign from above that it was meant to be.
Once we walked around the whole zoo, he drove me home and that was that. Later that night he asked me if I wanted to come over the next day (Sunday night) and watch "Special Witnesses of Christ" and have root beer floats. The movie was significant because he told me about it on our first date, and I had never seen it before. The root beer floats were significant because that's what I had at Famous Dave's for lunch, and it's one of my favorite sodas (he remembered. Smart cookie, huh?) Oh and when I went over there to watch that movie with him...he held my hand. Yep, on the second date. We were pretty much history from there. For those of you who know us, our relationship progressed pretty quickly (you can view my little "M&F" tab for the whole story).
So this weekend we recreated our first date! Yesterday we went to Famous Dave's for lunch and went to the zoo. Today we watched "Special Witnesses of Christ" and had root beer floats!
Yay for love, marriage, and happily ever afters. I'm so lucky to have Michael in my life and am so grateful I'll be with him for eternity! And to think. It all started with a lunch date and trip to the zoo.

No comments :
Post a Comment