I'm 39 weeks pregnant. My due date is in exactly one week. This baby could come ANY DAY. If that's not crazy, I don't know what is.
Here's a picture.
-My stomach is pretty huge. It's so stretched out that it's...shiny? Not sure if that's the right word but whatever.
-I have to work to see where my belly button (used to be) is. I have to sort of pull my stomach up to actually see it. It's weird.
-Over the last week or so, I've finally learned/understood what women meant about having to pee all the time when pregnant, specifically during the night. For the majority of my pregnancy, I'd go to the bathroom before bed and then when I woke up in the morning. Normal. NOT ANYMORE. Now I'll go to the bathroom before bed and when I wake up, and probably 1-3 times DURING THE NIGHT.
Which leads to my next point/update/thing...
-I never sleep. Well, I sleep, just not straight through the night (although I did have one miraculous, heavenly night where I fell asleep and didn't wake up ONCE until morning). I usually get 3-6 hours of sleep each night. How do I compensate? Naps. The other day, I took a 3-hour (maybe even a little longer...) nap. It.was.amazing.
-Today I had a doctor's appointment and I'm only about 2.5cm dilated. So basically I could go into labor today or in a week, we'll just have to see! My next appointment is next Friday (my due date). Hopefully I'm already in labor by/before then!
-I'm kinda freaking out a little bit, not gonna lie. I'm not really nervous about labor or anything (can't say I'm excited for the pain though...), I'm just freaking out because this is for real happening and it's happening soon. It kinda blows my mind. You go through life and hit all the "big", new stages of it. Like starting high school, or graduating, starting college, getting married, all that good stuff. Well now I'm going to have a baby. I'm going to be a MOM. Yep, it's happening now and it'll be that way for the rest of forever.
Can I just say that again? I'm going to be a mom. AHHHH.
Even though I'm freaking out just a little about it, I am so excited for every crazy, awesome adventure this new stage of life has in store for me and my family.

No comments :
Post a Comment