Wednesday, January 29, 2014

FEELING BLESSED

Wow, have I seen a lot of tender mercies today or what? Before I tell you about my day today, let me tell you about my night last night.

At about 10pm, I broke down and cried (for a little longer than I'd like to admit) because I was so stressed out. Once I had calmed down enough, I decided to take a nice, warm bath to relax. It ended up being...about an hour long. No big deal when I'm super stressed about schoolwork and having TIME to do things, right? Right. Anyway so after that I got ready for bed and I still had 3 assignments due the next day (today) afor my 6pm class. YIKES. I also had to print off game cards for my lesson for Thursday (tomorrow) oh and, actually write the lesson plan. Fun times.

Now let me tell you about my day today:

So this morning Alex let me sleep in until a little after 8. MARVELOUS.

He was also incredibly playful and let me get a little bit of homework done, eat breakfast, all that good stuff.

Then he went down for a short nap and I was able to get a little MORE homework done.

Then I went on campus and had to take him with me, because Michael was going to be watching him for my first class during his lunch break (of course the day I have to take Alex on campus is the day it snows a bunch). Once I got out of class, I took Alex and was going to go to another building on campus to print the cards for my activity. I made a bottle for him before we went and he SLEPT the whole time. I was so grateful.

So then as I'm going to print my stuff, I realized there was no way I would have enough time to go print my things, go back up to my car, pack him/stroller/everything up, take him to a babysitter, and come back to campus on-time for my next class. I called my professor for that class and told him my situation, and asked if I would be able to bring Alex with me. HE SAID I COULD! I couldn't believe it.

And then during that class ALEX SLEPT THE WHOLE TIME!!! Oh it was a miracle since he had already been asleep for a while. But he did it! He started waking up just as class was ending. So I took him out, and he went right back to sleep and slept the whole way home.

And he even slept long enough when we got home that I could finish all my assignments due tonight for my 6pm class (in fact, he woke up as I was writing this post). Oh I cannot even tell you how much of a miracle that is.

Oh AND a bunch of my friends came to the rescue when I asked if someone could watch him part of the day tomorrow. Seriously so many people offered to help, I couldn't believe it. 

I.am.so.blessed.

I'm so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows my needs and is always there to lift me up when I am down. I'm grateful for the Atonement and for the gospel and the strength that they give to me. I am so GRATEFUL today and I hope you are too!

What things have you seen in your day to be grateful for?

1 comment :

Kara said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing! It was a great reminder and I needed it today. :)