I know I was going to post about this in a few days or so but right now I don't want to work on any schoolwork or lesson plans so... here we are.
We started sleep training Alex on Friday night. He cried for an hour and a half, and then we went in to feed him a bottle (we fed it to him while he was laying in his crib, hoping to give him some positive associations with it by eating). After that he cried for another half hour or so then fell asleep. I can't even remember what time it was... Anyway that first night he also woke up somewhere between 4-4:40am to eat, then went back to sleep and slept until 9am or so.
Last night we tried to be better about his routine so at 7pm we gave him a bath and started getting him ready for bed. Then we read some books! Then I rocked him while he ate, and once he started getting more drowsy we put him in his crib to finish the bottle. Once he finished it we left...and he cried for an hour and a half. I went in to give him a bottle and he didn't quite finish it before he fell asleep. He woke up around midnight so Michael went to make him a bottle and by the time he got back, Alex had gotten himself back to sleep! He slept in until about 7 this morning. Total, he slept about 9 1/2 hours last night! Yipee!
People usually say that when you sleep train your babies, they're happier. Well today Alex has been a grump, but I think there are some other factors going on. Like being sick and possibly teething. We'll see how it goes over the next few days of sleep training him! I think it'll be good for him, especially for him to get more sleep at night. It's hard sometimes to hear your little sweetheart cry and not do anything about it, but I just have to keep telling myself that we're just trying to help him.
Before I go, here's a fun collage of photobooth pics. In every single one Alex is thinking, "Oh wow my parents are crazy. What did I get myself into..."
And now I'll go eat a little snack... probably mini oreos with peanut butter and nutella ;)

No comments :
Post a Comment