Thursday, April 24, 2014

THURSDAY THOUGHTS

Today I watched "Tangled" and it made me cry. I'm not even kidding. I wasn't sobbing or anything, but tears were shed. I LOVE that movie, ok? :) You're probably wondering why or when I cried during the movie. I'll tell you:

The first part that makes me cry is towards the end. The king and queen are getting ready to light the first lantern and he looks at her and cries. It is such a tender moment. I don't even know how to explain it. They don't say anything to each other, but you can just feel the pain he feels at that time. The other part that gets to me is when Rapunzel is reunited with her parents at last. Again, it's the king! He sheds happy tears and then does some sort of laugh/sound of relief and joy and runs to hug her. It's the happiest thing ever.

Anyway this whole thing with the king got me thinking about fathers. Fathers have so much love for their children and it shows in everything they do. I'm grateful for my dad and the support he has always given to me. I'm grateful for my husband and the wonderful father he is to Alex. I believe I have a Father in Heaven and He loves me so much that He created a plan for me to come to Earth and to return to Him someday (to find out more on this specific topic, look here). Fathers are an incredible blessing in my life.

Also, here's a picture of me with Pascal. Years ago I had this Tangled app (I think) that had some games on it. You could also upload a picture and Pascal would crawl and roll all around the screen. Then I just took a screen shot of it :) Silly? Probably. Awesome? DEFINITELY.


(Now, I know what you're thinking. It's almost MOTHER'S Day not Father's Day. I am aware of this. And don't worry, I will of course write a post for Mother's Day.)

No comments :