You're growing up so fast! I can't even believe it. It seems like just the other day you finally came home with us. I don't think I ever wrote a "Birth Story" post so I'll record a little bit of that here. You were born just after midnight on September 16th, 2013 (the first day of school for Dad). At first you couldn't make a sound but then you cried, and it pretty much made me cry too. The nurses cleaned you up a bit and then gave you to me. I can't even explain how I felt in that moment! You were crying but when I first held you in my arms, you calmed down. I couldn't believe you were mine! Then the nurses took you back, and I don't even remember exactly what all they had to do. I think that's when you were taken to the NICU though, because your temperature was higher than mine, your oxygen levels were low, and your heart rate was high. You ended up staying in the NICU for a week and we were finally able to take you home. Best Day Ever!
Now here we are, almost EIGHT months later! You've learned to hold up your own bottles, eat baby food and puffs, crawl, laugh, smile, "talk", sit up on your own, and more. Oh and you'll probably appreciate this when you're older... Dad is pretty sure you have a six-pack. I haven't seen it but seriously, dude, you have a strong core! It always amazes me how much you can do!
It also amazes me how happy you are. Even when you're sick (which you have been a lot lately), you're smiling and laughing and lighting up my day. You love to play and you love to snuggle. Sometimes I call you snuggle bug. And opposite to that, sometimes I call you crazy legs. I predicted you would be the next karate kid before you were even born!
I love you, little man and I'm so lucky to be your mom.
No comments :
Post a Comment