Tuesday, May 12, 2015

PERSONAL

Since no one really reads my blog, I'm going to write about something I've been struggling with since Myra was born. And if you do read my blog, maybe you've experienced something similar and can relate. 

You guys, I literally google searched "how to rediscover yourself". Lately I've been feeling like I don't know who I am. I know who I am as a daughter of God, a wife, and a mom. But beyond that, I just don't feel like I have anything that "defines me". I enjoy music, but I'm not really that great at it. I like crafting/diy stuff but again, I'm not super great at it or creative (when it comes to having original ideas). I love photography but again, I don't really have all the know-how/skills (yet. I want to learn) to be really good at it. 

And with all of these things I like, there's the matter of time. I just don't feel like I have time. Myra is just under 3 months and she's still really needy for me. Sometimes she even cries for Michael and only wants me. Because of this, I don't feel like I can leave her with Michael or a sitter to take an hour or two to do something for me. 

Lately I've been feeling really lonely and friendless. For as long as I can remember, I have struggled having casual conversations with people (yes, I often wonder how I was able to get Michael to fall for me, stick around and marry me if I never know what to talk about). Tonight I seriously also google searched "how to keep a conversation going" (or something like that). I just can't believe I even have this problem but anyway I think there's two big reasons why I do. One, lack of confidence. Always been a struggle for me, and a constant battle to overcome. Two, I don't feel like I have anything to talk about (which, in part, probably comes back to confidence...). I love being a mom. LOVE it. But at the end of the day I feel like the only thing I can say is, "yep, I changed 10 diapers today, woo!" 

I feel like the only thing going for me, or that I'm "good at", is making cute kids (because let's be honest, they're adorable). I'm stuck in a huge rut and I just don't know how to get out of it.