Tuesday, March 8, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY X 2

Myra turned 1 a month ago, and I have yet to blog about it, so here we are.

Today my heart is a little heavy because it is my sister's birthday (Marissa). She is Michael's baby sister, but when Michael and I started dating/got engaged, Marissa treated me like we'd been sisters forever. I'll never forget how she helped me after my car accident. My right arm was in an immobilizer and my collar bone & wrist were fractured, so I could hardly do anything myself. Marissa helped me take of my shirt and bra (*insert embarrassed face emoji here*) so I could take a bath and get cleaned off. You guys, that day was THE FIRST DAY WE MET. To Marissa, I was basically a complete stranger and she did that (and more) for me. I have always been, and will always be, amazed by her kindness, generosity, and grace.

Almost 3 years ago now, Marissa passed away in a car accident. I can't tell you how many times I've wondered why she had to die but I was lucky enough to survive mine. I can't tell you how much I wish I could have returned the favor, and cared for her like she cared for me. I miss her phone calls when she'd tell me about a boy she was dating or had a crush on, or about her dreams for the future. Oh how I wish she could have fulfilled those dreams. All I can say is I know she is Home with her Father in Heaven, and I have no doubt she's changing lives over there. You can't meet Marissa and NOT love her. If you meet her, you instantly love her and you know she feels the same way about you. I can't wait for the sweet day that our family can all be together again.
Our forever family (plus a few more kids ;))
The most beautiful girl with her incredible mother.

Now on a lighter note, Myra's birthday was so fun. We did a cake smash the day before, and it was pretty entertaining, as you will see below. Here's some updates:

-She's not walking yet, but she stands up in the middle of the room to dance quite often!
-Her bottom 2 teeth are finally poking through, and that's all the teeth she has for right now. But that doesn't stop her from eating more than Alex does.
-She has the most fun personality. I think Marissa sent a little bit of her sass down with Myra when she was born ;)
-She loves crawling all over playgrounds and going down slides.

Also, Alex has been singing so much lately and it's the cutest thing ever.

I hope you all have a beautiful day filled with sunshine <3


No comments :