Thursday, July 25, 2013

One Year Since...

Ok it hasn't been quite a year yet...but it will be on Sunday (the 28th) and I may not be able to post this then, depending on when we get back from Utah.

Anyway on Sunday it'll be a year since Michael proposed! Crazy what can happen in a year...sheesh.

That Saturday we had planned to go to Yellowstone. I had never been there before, so Michael wanted to take me! We went, and had a blast. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Here are some pictures from our trip:

So many pretty places/things to see
I'm so weird. Luckily he still decided he wanted to marry me! 
Pretty waters and a little, purple flower thing we found. 
Yep...not that skinny anymore. Thanks, pregnancy! We'll see how quickly I can get back to my pre-pregnancy size after baby comes...
And the handsome man behind it all. 
So we had this amazing, wonderful day exploring Yellowstone. Perfect place to propose, right? As we were driving through the park I thought to myself, "This would be a pretty good place to propose!" But since I was going home to visit my family the next week, and we talked about how he was going to buy the ring when I was gone, I didn't really think anything of it. Little did I know wheels were a turnin' in Michael's brain. That little stinker had the ring underneath his seat THE WHOLE TIME we were at Yellowstone! He really could have proposed to me there if he wanted to, and he thought about it, but he didn't. He waited.

When we got back to Rexburg we wanted to watch the sunset. Typical. We were going to go to the top of the stadium bleachers, but there was some dance festival there so that idea totally got shot down the drain (side note: Michael (again, a stinker) was thinking of proposing at the stadium where we technically first met. I don't remember him from that first time we met, so to kinda tease me he was going to propose there to "give me a reason to remember that place by" or something). 

Since we couldn't go to the stadium, we went to the Temple. Again, typical ;) But that's ok. It was perfect. 
Helloooooo, pretty sunset!
And that's where it all went down. There are some dang funny details to the story but this post is getting pretty long, so I'll shorten it. Basically, Michael started acting really weird before he asked me (it was so hilarious) and I don't even remember exactly what he said! Oops. BUT it was great because I wasn't expecting it, it was quiet and beautiful, just us, and one of the sweetest moments ever.

No comments :