Today is Michael's 24th Birthday! Man, he's gettin' old ;)
Anyway, I thought I'd share just 24 (of MANY, many more) things I love about him.
Anyway, I thought I'd share just 24 (of MANY, many more) things I love about him.
1. His sense of humor. He gets me. We're the same kind of weird, so he can appreciate it when I'm crazy. Trust me, this is a good thing.
2. He likes to cook! I like cooking too, when I know what to make, but I love it when we make dinners together! Or when he makes dinner for me (which happens more often than you might think...)
3. He's probably the hardest worker I know. I already bragged about his awesome grades from when he was in school full-time and working full-time. He has a goal to reach, and he'll do whatever it takes to get there!
4. He "lives to serve me". Such a sweetheart. Seriously though, he'll do anything to help me be comfortable, happy, or whatever else. Anything.
5. He is so PATIENT. So, everyone knows about pregnancy hormones, right? Well, sometimes I can be quite the grumpy-pants for no reason at all (if there is a reason, it's usually not a good one). Even when I'm grumpy, he loves me and tries to help me feel better instead of getting upset because he knows/understands.
6. He understands the importance of families, and he's going to be the best dad ever :)
7. He's just so dang handsome.
8. He is super helpful around the HOUSE. I feel like a lot of women complain about their husbands not helping with household chores like laundry, dishes, etc., but I totally don't have that problem. If he starts on a project (ex. cleaning the living room, and he puts away ONE thing), he has to finish it (ex. he'll then pick up everything else and probably vacuum). Don't worry, I do help.
9. He likes reading. I love it when he reads to me! And he's going to love reading to our kids, which I love, because reading to kids is important.
10. He takes me out on dates all the time.
11. He'll watch movies he doesn't necessarily like, if I like them and want to watch them. For example, the other day we watched "Pride and Prejudice" which I LOVE. Not exactly Michael's kind of movie. He liked it ok, it definitely wasn't his favorite, but he said he'd still watch it with me if I wanted to.
12. He fits in with my family PERFECTLY. They love him. Seriously, Griffin always says that Michael is his favorite. Even above me, his own sister (ok that maybe makes me sad sometimes, but I really do love it).
13. We have similar (if not the same?) views/ideas about finances, politics, parenting, etc. Which, let me tell ya, is a really good thing.
14. When I don't know what to wear (or I'm grumpy because there's NOTHING in my closet I can wear while pregnant), he helps me pick an outfit. If I'm not sure if something looks good or not (even when I wasn't pregnant), I'll ask him and he'll tell me! And he's good at it. He actually knows what he's talking about. One time I wasn't sure about an outfit he told me to wear, and I got a ton of compliments on it.
15. He has a genuine smile. And a really good, cheesy smile too! :D
16. He's a good communicator. One reason I love this is because sometimes...I'm not. Even when we were first dating and I was still pretty shy sometimes, he was always very open with me about everything.
17. Ok that last one made me think of this...he has no shame. (Warning: maybe a little TMI) When we had been dating for about a month, he asked me if I had already had my period because he didn't notice me having to go to the bathroom more, being hormonal, or whatever else. If I ever need him to go get some feminine products for me, he totally would and wouldn't even be embarrassed about it.
18. He loves me no matter what I look like. Even when I just wake up, with crazy bedhead and goopy eyes, I'm still the prettiest woman ever in his opinion.
19. He has a solid testimony and a whole lot of faith. When Heavenly Father asks us to do something we weren't expecting, even if it's somewhat scary sometimes (like have a baby...), he knows it's what we need to do and he'll put his trust in the Lord.
20. He's supportive of things that I do/want to do, and has faith in me that I can do them! For example, he thinks I'm good enough to hem his pants. I don't think I am, but he trusts I'll do a good enough job. And when I expressed interest in wanting to sew more/learn how, he bought a sewing machine for me. Just cause.
21. This is similar to some other ones I've said, but he really takes care of me. This pregnancy has been pretty rough (when it comes to morning sickness), and to help me in the mornings so I don't feel sick later, he'll bring me a snack if I'm still in bed trying to get some sleep.
22. He likes baking/making treats. I do to, but he definitely does it more than I do. He'll probably be the favorite parent.
23. He puts up with my quirks, and the weird/crazy/annoying? things I do. For example, I'm a mooch. My dad would always give me a hard time about asking if I could try a bit of something, or a sip of a drink. Michael just lets me. And sometimes he counts on me asking for it, so he'll purposefully get more so he can share.
24. He loves me so much that he married me in the temple (25. he was worthy to!) so we can be together for eternity. True love.
There you have it! I'm the luckiest woman alive, am I right?!
Happy Birthday, sweetheart! I love you so much!

No comments :
Post a Comment