Sunday, September 27, 2015

VEGAS, BABY!


It's been a long time coming, but we are moving to Las Vegas at the beginning of NOVEMBER! Originally Michael's work was going to move us down in July, but things kept getting pushed back. But now it's for real. And we're moving in about a month. Cue FREAK OUT MODE. We're going to visit in a couple weeks to look for a place and hopefully sign a contract/lease in Henderson. 

I have mixed feelings about this move. Overall, I'm SO excited because we'll be right next to Michael's brother and sister-in-law (and kids) as well as his parents. I can't even express how excited I am to be close to family. We'll also be closer to my mom's side of the family who all live in CA. I haven't seen them in years! They've told me (and my mom) that they visit Vegas often so I'm excited to see more of them.

The biggest thing I'm not excited about is that I'm finally feeling comfortable where we're at. I'm familiar with the places I need to go, and I'm finally becoming friends with more people in our ward (church congregation). I don't know why, but I tend to struggle opening up or reaching out to people, so making friends in a new place is hard for me. Not looking forward to doing that again... But, life is for challenges and growing experiences so I'm sure it'll be for the best. 

Now, as far as weather is concerned, we couldn't move at a more perfect time. We'll move right as it's starting to get cold in Utah and it'll be nice in Nevada ;) I think I'm going to HATE the heat in the summer. But I also hate the cold/snow during the winter, and I never want to leave my house. I figure it'll be pretty similar for me during the summer, and I'll just hibernate during the summer and make Michael run all our errands haha. 

So yeah. That's our news. Here's to new adventures! 

1 comment :

Bonnie said...

It is usually cheaper to fly into Vegas also so your parents/siblings might be able to come more often.