Wednesday, September 30, 2015

SING AS YOU GO

I didn't get to watch the LDS Women's Conference on Saturday, so I watched it last night after the kids went to bed. I was extremely touched by the messages shared, and felt like it was just what I needed to hear. I plan on going back and reading the talks so I can remember what I felt and learn more.

While there were many lessons I took away from the conference, one that really stuck with me was from the talk by President Dieter F. Uchdtorf. He shared a story about a girl, Eva, and her Great-Aunt Rose. When Eva asked why she was so happy, one of the things Great-Aunt Rose explained was this:
Yes, because I love that floral wreath so much I used it again haha. 

Anyway I LOVE that quote! It reminded me of my dear sister, Marissa. She's probably the happiest person I know, and she ALWAYS danced through every experience in life. I'll always admire Marissa's example to me of joy, love, service, and dancing & singing everywhere you go. 

With our upcoming move to Nevada, I've kind of been dragging my feet about having to start over, packing, and all that fun stuff. I've been trying to not let anxiety get to me, and to have a positive attitude but it's hard! This talk was a great reminder to me that I have a choice - to be happy or not. I get to decide. And I want to choose happy! Forever is composed of NOWS, and I want those nows to be positive, not dark, dreary, or sad.

WE get to decide. WE get to choose. I want to choose being happy, singing, and dancing.

I choose faith.

No comments :