Tuesday, October 13, 2015

MYRA: 8 MONTHS

If I could choose an age for Myra to stay forever, it would probably be this age. Ok maybe a little bit older. But still. I LOVE the stage she's at right now! (Although I would love it more if she slept through the night....wouldn't we all!) She is a momma's girl, through and through, but is SO playful and smiley all the time. It's also fun because the older she gets, the more Alex realizes he has a playmate and someone else to entertain him. I get all the heart eyes when he looks at her and just starts cracking up because she's smiling, or making some crazy noise. It's the cutest thing!!

Here are some updates about her development:

-She can go from her stomach to sitting, but still needs a little help with balance.
-She will get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth! Sometimes she'll even pull her knees up closer to her hands, but she hasn't quite figured out that she can move her hands and go.
-Myra refuses to eat baby food, but she loves trying tiny bites of big people food (including Alex's chicken nuggets)
-Still no teeth!
-She's trying to climb up on things (such as: Alex's slide, the couch, mattresses/pillows on the floor, and on me if I'm sitting down)
-Loves her high chair, especially if she's getting food and has toys to put in her mouth
-She still fits in 3/3-6 month clothes because she's so petite. She does wear some 6-9 month stuff but most of those are pretty baggy on her.
-Her eyes sparkle, and light up any room she's in. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I'm stopped for someone to tell me my daughter is so beautiful.
-She has really good fine motor skills. She'll pinch/pick things up with her thumb and index finger then put it in her mouth.

We love this little lady so much!

(Alex is a pro photo-bomber)
(Please excuse the serious overexposure going on here, and pay attention to her UP ON HER HANDS AND KNEES)

PS I have a couple other posts I'm working on, mainly the delicious chocolate cake I posted about on FB and our trip to Vegas (complete with phone pics and a crazy airport story).

No comments :