So (TMI) I've had my period twice since Myra was born, and both times I was SO CRANKY for at least a week, probably more. During that time, I wanted chocolate like it was nobody's business. So, since my husband knows how to take good care of his wife, he made the BEST chocolate cake for me. And let me tell you, it was dang delicious. Definitely hit the spot x 1,000,000.
He used this recipe found here, but made a few modifications. In her recipe, she calls for coffee. Since we're not coffee drinkers in our house, that was a bit of a problem! (Funny story, at first Michael didn't know it called for coffee. So there he is, making this cake, and then has to figure out something quick!) We used DARK HOT CHOCOLATE instead ;) Regular hot chocolate is great too, but the dark chocolate is (we think) a little closer in flavor to coffee. We also didn't have buttermilk, so he had to do the thing where you add lemon juice.
Then, for the top, he got some cookies and cream frosting. And IT.WAS.SO.GOOD. So go make yourself a delicious, moist, chocolate cake and enjoy. Because I promise, you will enjoy it.
No comments :
Post a Comment