Saturday, February 26, 2011

Children Just Like Me

Authors: Barnabas & Anabel Kindersley
Copyright Date: 1995
Publisher: DK Publishing, Inc.
Number of Pages: 79
Reading Level: Ages 9-12
Genre: Non-fiction, Informational

Summary

"Children Just Like Me" is a very informational book about children around the world. It goes through all the different continents and some of the countries in them. In the Americas they talk about individual children from Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the United States, and Canada. From Europe they share children from Finland, Hungary, Poland, Russia, France, and Greece. From Africa, they talk about children from Egypt, Botswana, Ghana, Morocco, Tanzania, and Ethiopia. From Asia there is China, Mongolia, Japan, Korea, India, Israel, and Jordan. And finally from Southeast Asia and Australia they talk about children from Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand, and Australia. This book is great because it shares so many facts about the children from all these different places around the world, and it shows how children are similar and different from one another. By reading this book, children can learn more about different cultures and learn to appreciate others that are different from themselves.

My Reaction

I loved this book. It was very informational and even I learned a lot about different countries. The only thing I didn't like about this book is that it didn't talk about Cambodia, which is where my mother is from :) Other than that I thought it was great!

Recommendations

I would recommend this book to anyone! I think it's great for kids to be able to see children from other countries and learn about their cultures. It's a wonderful book, has great information, and is a great read.

Problems/Conflicts

I didn't see any problems with this book.

No comments :