Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude: Thankful Thursday!

So this past semester in the council that I was on, every Thursday we would have 'Thankful Thursday'. In our closing prayer that day we would only Thank Heavenly Father for things and not ask for anything. I'm going to continue Thankful Thursdays on my blog!

Today I'm especially thankful:

-That I got a job! They called me today to verify when I'll begin working (Monday), what time I need to be there, etc. I'm so happy I have a job at all and that I'll be able to start so soon!
-For guitar. I've been playing a lot lately and it's so fun! I love music.
-For my parents and siblings. They're just awesome.
-For Isaac and Eli because they are SO funny. I'm glad they put up with me (and seem to...love it?) :)
-For #7 on my 'Day Three: Eight Ways to Win Your Heart' blog post. It's so funny. (P.S. it was Eli's idea for me to say that I'm thankful for that. haha!)
-That I was able to find info./learn more about Financial aid and scholarship stuffs. That's kind of important.
-That some of my family and I cleaned our house! It looks so nice! And for those who know me really well, you know that I can be pretty OCD about keeping things clean.

Those are just a few of the things that I am thankful for today. I love looking for Tender Mercies the Lord has blessed me with and reflecting on the day to see what I'm thankful for, because it truly helps me see the many ways in which Heavenly Father is in my life. It's been such a blessing to have my roommates and my council teach me about looking for Tender Mercies, because when I'm really looking for the ways that He has been in my life, I see His hand in everything; in sooo much more than I originally noticed. If you like this idea, of Thankful Thursdays and Tender Mercies, I strongly encourage you to do them! It's great, and the more you do it, the more you'll find to be thankful for.

No comments :