Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lucky

Last night I was thinking about how excited I am to be volunteering for Get Connected this Fall semester. I absolutely LOVE that program! I started thinking about this past Winter semester when I first became a volunteer, and that reminded me of my I-Rep partner, Kevin. That guy is so funny. I had a blast being partnered with him! Then I started thinking about how towards the beginning of the semester when I ran into him on campus, he told me we were going to try out for Guitars Unplugged that semester. At first I was like, "Um no way am I ever going to try out to sing in-front of the whole school. That's too scary!" But I told him we could practice the song, and see how I felt about it. We ended up trying out and didn't make it, however that was a HUGE deal for me. I never do that kind of stuff. But through that experience (along with MANY others I had that semester) I gained a lot of confidence in myself that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Then I started thinking....what if I hadn't been partners with Kevin for Get Connected? I probably would not have known him, and he (or anyone, really) probably wouldn't have made me try out for Guitars Unplugged. Then I thought to myself: Wow. Heavenly Father truly does know what we need, when we need it. And he certainly puts people in our lives to help us, in ways we may not even know or realize they can. He has a plan for me--everything that happens has a purpose, no matter how small a thing it may seem.

Then I thought about how lucky I am to be a member of the LDS Church; the true Church. Seriously, I am so blessed!



To continue the story of my friend, Kevin, the song we ended up trying out with was "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Like I said we didn't make it, but I asked Kevin if he would sing with me for my Group Vocal class. For our final, we could pick our own song and have friends outside the class accompany us and such. My Professor said it would be okay for me to sing a duet with him, and we did! Oh, and I got a perfect score on that song test :)

Here's a video of us singing. This was the 'dress rehearsal', so before I actually sang for my class. I chose to put up this video over the actual performance because it's FUNNY. He starts goofing off and then I start laughing, and totally butcher a note. And at the end? I have no clue what he's doing. Anyway, enjoy!


1 comment :

Tara said...

I just giggled out loud because you are so darn cute and I love this! You are adorable. I can't wait to see you Saturday!

PS How do you get involved in Get Connected for the Fall? What does that entail? I'm scared. The end!