Thursday, May 5, 2011

ThankFULL Thursday

Here are a few of the things I am especially thankful for today:

-The chance to spend some time with muh main girl this weekend! YeahYeahYeah so excited!
-My body is SORE. That means my workouts are working. Mhm.
-On Monday, we made paper cranes for FHE (in my Student Ward). Each crane is worth $2 that will go to Japan for a relief fund sort of thing. Yay for service and good times with friends!
-My online classes are making more sense.
-Once again, I'm working. Oh and speaking of work, Monday was a really good day! We found my offage (my drawer was a little off, and I wasn't happy about it)! I fixed the member's account and he happened to come in that day too, and he was super nice about it. I love it when members are understanding and not mean. haha...
-I now have access to do shared branching (at work) which means that if someone wants to make a transaction on their account with another credit union, I can help them. It's kind of annoying and a big hassle, but at least I don't have to tell people that I don't have access to help them anymore. I can do it!
-Yesterday I went to a thrift store and got some good stuff! Instead of paying $30+ for a suit coat, I paid about $10 for two. Now that's what I'm talking about!
-On a more serious note, I'm so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I'm so thankful for the knowledge that this gospel gives to me. Recently I found out that my grandma isn't doing too well, and she probably has less than six months to live. That's hard in and of itself, of course, but it's extra sad/hard for me because in this life I haven't really had the chance to even know her. My immediate family has lived away from both sets of grandparents, so really I don't know any of them very well. Growing up, we rarely had the opportunity to visit them. I makes me sad that she's going to be gone soon (and right now she's probably not even in a state where she would even remember me...) and I hardly know her. I'm grateful for this gospel because I know that I will have the opportunity to know her in the next life. She's going to live again, I'm going to live again, and we'll have eternity to get to know each other.

No comments :