"Just as we will be accountable for our evil desires, we will also be rewarded for our righteous ones. Our Father in Heaven will receive a truly righteous desire as a substitute for actions that are genuinely impossible... This principle means that when we have done all that we can, our desires will carry us the rest of the way. It also means that if our desires are right, we can be forgiven for the unintended errors or mistakes we will inevitably make as we try to carry those desires into effect. What a comfort for our feelings of inadequacy." -Elder Dallin H. Oaks
What a wonderful quote! I'm so grateful to know the truths of the Gospel, and to know that as long as I'm doing the best I can, Heavenly Father can make up for the rest. Just like Elder Oaks said, "What a comfort for our feelings of inadequacy." I was definitely feelin' a little down on myself the other day, and as I was reading my scriptures I came across this quote. I'm thankful for the scriptures! And for the fact that Heavenly Father knows what I need, is looking out for me, and He loves me.
Here are a few other things I'm thankful for today:
Here are a few other things I'm thankful for today:
-My classes are almost done! Yes that means finals and a lot of stress, but I'm almost done. -I had a really great 4th of July! Yay for family, good friends, and good food :) oh and freedom.
-With the little amount of sleep I've been getting, I've been able to survive. HUGE tender mercy.
-HP next week. haha. Yes, I'm a nerd.
-Less than two months until I'm back in Rexburg! :)
-About a month until I get to see my roommates, Kailee and Nicole, who are coming to Indiana! :D
Life.is.happy.
-With the little amount of sleep I've been getting, I've been able to survive. HUGE tender mercy.
-HP next week. haha. Yes, I'm a nerd.
-Less than two months until I'm back in Rexburg! :)
-About a month until I get to see my roommates, Kailee and Nicole, who are coming to Indiana! :D
Life.is.happy.
1 comment :
Can I invite myself to come play when everyone gets to Indiana?
Post a Comment